It takes significant time, energy and funding to support the Hillsborough Lacrosse program and to make the season as enjoyable as possible for your child. The program registration fee does not cover the costs to run the program. The primary source of operating income is derived through sales at the concession stand during our tournaments as well as the sales of Hillsborough Lacrosse apparel.
As such, each player's Parents will be required to volunteer their time during our home tournament. This approach will equally distribute the responsibility to all members of the organization for raising funds to support the program.
Each Family is required to volunteer a minimum of 4 hours in support of the organization during our tournaments. Your volunteer time must include 2 hours in the concession stand. Other volunteer needs are tournament set-up/clean-up, apparel sales, parking, etc. There are numerous opportunities for Parents to fulfill their workbond obligations. It is also requested that Families split their shifts across all the tournament/game weekends. Board Members, Coaches & Committee Heads are not exempt from this requirement.
Volunteers will be required for the April 23, May 7, May 21 games, and April 30/May 1, May 14/15 & May 22 tournaments.
Volunteer registration is now open for the April 23rd and May 7th games and the April 30/May 1 tournaments.
Volunteer registration for the remainder of the games and tournaments will open on May 2.
You can sign up on the website under the Volunteer Corner menu on the left side of the home page.
All practice and game schedules are posted on each grade's Team Page. Make sure you continually check the schedules since changes are made occasionally. Directions to all practice and game locations can be found on the Fields link on the website. March practices are held at Amsterdam School or HHS. April & May practices are held at Amsterdam School or Docherty Park. See the schedule below but check your team's schedule for specifics details week by week.
Although our April & May practices are scheduled from 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM, we usually lose daylight before 8:00PM so practices end earlier than the published times in April. Some other important reminders:
Do not drop off your child at any game or practice unless a member of your team's coaching staff is present.
There is no weather shelter at Amsterdam School, HHS or Docherty Park. If weather is questionable, do not leave in case practice is suddenly canceled due to rain or a storm.
Practice cancelations will be posted on the Home Page of the website once a decision is made. You will also be notified via email, and a text message if you've selected that option on your website account.
Grades 1, 2, 3, 4
Monday & Wednesday @ Amsterdam School
Grades 5, 6
Monday & Wednesday @ Docherty Park
Grades 7, 8
Tuesday & Thursday @ Docherty Park
Further practice and game day logistics may be provided by your Head Coach. Please contact them if you have any questions.
The "Compete with Class - Honor the Game" pledge summarizes important elements of the men’s lacrosse experience and confirms our commitment to Sportsmanship and Fair Play.
This season, as a parent, coach, player or official, I pledge to COMPETE with CLASS and HONOR THE GAME…
• I will honor the history of the men’s lacrosse and commit to the maintaining the core values of the game's culture.
• I will recognize the value of safe and fair play by teaching, enforcing and playing by the letter and spirit of the men's game.
• I will practice and encourage good sportsmanship by demonstrating positive support for all players, coaches and officials at every game, practice or other men’s lacrosse event.
• I will place the emotional and physical wellbeing of our players ahead of any personal desire to win.
• I will support coaches and officials working with players in order to encourage a safe, positive and enjoyable experience for all.
• I will do my very best to make the sport fun for everyone who participates.
• I will ask all family members and fans to be tolerant and inclusive by treating other players, coaches, fans and officials with high regard and respect.